Last Updated: September 14, 2017
- Collection of Information
- Collection of Personal Information Provided by You
As used herein, the term "personal information" means information that specifically identifies any individual, (including without limitation, name, date of birth, address, phone number, email address, username, password, language preference, method of payment/billing information (such as your credit card or debit card) and any other information that is required by applicable law to be treated as Personal Information (“Personal Information”).
Pursuant to applicable law, we collect your Personal Information at different times when you interact with our Service. Generally, Personal Information is collected when you create an account (your “Account”), select a membership, subscribe to a newsletter or email list, participate in a survey, contest, sweepstakes, event or promotion, purchase, access, stream or download content through our Services, refer others to our Services, interact with us via third party social media sites, contact our customer service or request technical support, or otherwise communicate with us. Whatever the activity may be, we will only collect information to the extent deemed reasonably necessary to fulfil your requests and our legitimate business objectives.
- Collection of Information that We Automatically Collect
Log Information: When you access the Services, we log information about your use of the Services, including your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, web request, access times, pages viewed, content you purchased, access, streamed, downloaded or burn, web browser, links clicked and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
Cookies: When you access the Services, we or one of our advertising partners, may send one or more cookies to your computer. A "cookie" is a small bit of record-keeping information that websites often store on a user's computer. Cookies do not include people's names, email addresses, or other information that is personally identifiable; they are typically used to quickly identify a user's computer and to "remember" things about the user's visit. We may set cookies for your web browser as you visit our websites, use our products and Services or visit a website where we provides ads, content or analytics. You can disable cookies or set your browser to alert you when cookies are being sent to your computer, although this may affect your ability to view, use or access certain features of our Services. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
Device Information: We also collect information about the mobile device or computer you use to access the Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, device accounts, device state and mobile network information.
Interest Based Ads: We also use third party ad serving technologies that may collect information as a result of ad serving in the products and Services, and that may temporarily display advertisements on the Services and third party sites. The information collected and used for the interest based advertising may contain the following, without limitation: age and gender, number of views of an advertisement, device unique identity or other device identifiers and settings, information about your use of the products and Services and other Internet sites (including third party web pages and mobile Internet sites) viewed by you (as well as date and time viewed), advertisement(s) served and response to the advertisement(s) (if any).
- Personal Information of Children
Our Services are offered to you if you are 18 years of age or older. If you are under the age of 18, please do not use or access the Services at any time or in any manner. Protecting the Privacy of youth is especially important to us and as such, we do not knowingly collect or maintain Personal Information from persons under the age of 18.
If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under the age of 18 who has used, accessed or subscribed to our Services, then please contact us to have that child’s account terminated and information deleted.
- Opting out of Collection of Information
You may, of course, decide that you no longer want to share or disclose your Personal Information to us, in which case, we will not be able to provide some of the features and functionality found through our Services. You may update, correct or delete your Account information at anytime by logging into your Account or by contacting us by telephone at 1-855-487-6892.
If you wish to deactivate your Account, please contact us. Please note, however, that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We also may retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
You may also choose to opt-out of receiving Internet-based advertising from many of our advertising partners and others.
- Use of Information Collected
We may use your Personal Information for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve the Services;
- Provide the Services, products or information you request and to process and complete any transactions in connection therewith;
- Determine your geographical location in order to provide localized Services;
- Communicate with you via email regarding products, services, offers, promotions, and events offered by us and others and provide news and other information we think will be of interest to you;
- Respond to your emails, submissions, questions, inquiries, comments, requests, and complaints and to provide customer service;
Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Monitor and analyze the Services usage and trends and otherwise measure the effectiveness of the Services or request feedback from you about the Services;
Conduct surveys and process and deliver contests, sweepstakes or promotion entries and rewards;
- Personalize and improve the Services, and users' experiences, to increase the functionality and user friendliness of the Services, to deliver advertisements, newsletters, coupons, promotions, rewards, awards or other content, or features that match user profiles or interests on the Services, and to provide recommendations as to other advertisements, content or features that may be of interest to users on the Services;
- Link or combine with information we receive from others to help understand your needs and to provide you with better service;
- Operate the Services, including, without limitation, account management payment processing; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
- Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information under the following circumstances:
- We may share some of your Personal Information with merchants from whom you have purchased something or from whom you have registered for something to allow them to provide the products or Services to the correct individuals and to allow them to keep track of what they have provided. We provide as much information to the merchant as is necessary for these purposes. These merchants may contact you directly with respect to such products or services. We will only share Personal Information with a merchant if you purchase something or register for something relating to that particular merchant.
- We may disclose or share non-personally identifiable information with partners, advertisers, merchants and/or prospective merchants to help explain our business and the effectiveness of our business or for promotional purposes. For example, we may disclose aggregated demographic information which does not include any personally identifiable information.
- We may transfer your Personal Information to third party service providers, which may be located outside of the country, in order to fulfill your order or perform processing and other specialized services (such as credit card or payment processing, prize fulfillment of our contests, collection of overdue accounts, management of customer service requests, data analysis for purposes of managing and administering our business, delivery of marketing offers and other communications, product delivery, circulation auditing and industry accreditation).
- We may provide your name and credit card information on a confidential basis to a third party for the purpose of updating your credit card information to ensure that your ongoing subscription to our Services is not interrupted.
- We may disclose your Personal Information to our affiliates who provide internal audit, management, billing or administrative services on our behalf.
- We may disclose your Personal Information on a confidential basis to parties connected with the contemplated or actual financing, insuring, sale, assignment or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets, including for the purposes of determining whether to proceed or continue with such transaction or business relationship or fulfilling any records or other reporting requirements to such parties.
- Our Commitment to Data Protection
We use commercially reasonable technical, contractual, administrative and physical security measures and safeguards to protect and preserve the confidentiality of your Personal Information in a manner that is reasonable and appropriate to the nature of the Personal Information you provide to us. For example, when you provide credit card information to us, we work to help protect the security of your credit card information by using industry standard secure sockets layer (SSL) encryption technology. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, we make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our technical, contractual, administrative or physical security measures and safeguards.
If we learn of a security system's breach, we will attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may post a notice on our website if a security breach occurs.
- Links to Third Party Sites
- Our Terms of Service
- Questions or Comments